When you build an HTML5 mobile app in Appery.io you can instantly publish the app to a URL. You have three options for hosting your app.
Our Head of Developer Relations, Max Katz, recently posted an article in App Development Marketplace describing seven pain points in mobile app development driven by an escalating demand for mobile apps:
Mobile apps are on a trajectory the likes of which have yet to be charted. Digi-Capital forecasts that by 2017, the mobile app market will reach $70 billion of global revenue, with non-game apps to double revenue share from 26% to 51%. This will be made possible by 2017’s expected 200 billion app downloads.
Although Max spends time detailing each pain point, in the end, he point out the path to pain-free development
Appery.io is the only cloud-based mobile platform with visual development tools and integrated backend services (MBaaS). With Appery.io, you can very quickly build responsive web/HTML5 apps and mobile apps, complete with UI and backend logic or data. Here are just 10 of the many reasons why our customers use Appery.io for their mobile apps.
Watch this 6-minute video on how to use Appery.io App Creator Express to create a complete mobile app with database in minutes.
Along with the warmer weather, spring has brought a sweet new upgrade to Appery.io. What have we got for you? Here are the main improvements:
- Build Mobile and Responsive Web Apps with our New AngularJS & Bootstrap Visual Builder
- New “App Creator Express” feature
- Themes moved to plug-ins section in the UI
- Server Code UI upgrade
Check out our webinar, “How to Build Responsive Web and Mobile Apps with Appery.io” to learn more!
New Videos: New UI Themes, Page Templates, Using The Customer Console, and Farmers Market Search AppPosted: November 14th, 2014 | Author: Max Katz | Filed under: Features, Video | Tags: features, Video
Check out some of the new videos we recently posted on our Youtube channel:
- Using new UI themes
- Using page templates and the Panel component
- Using the Customer Console: Editing backend database data, Sending push notifications
- Building a Farmers Market Search app
We just published a bunch of new UI themes. We took all our existing themes and updated them to look modern and flat.
Recently, the Appery.io App Builder was updated with several significant features. One of the most important and fundamental changes was the introduction of Model and Storage notions. To show the best practices of using these features, we created a MusicShop app and step-by-step tutorial which describes in detail how to build such an app from scratch. This tutorial also has a MusicShop app backup attached to allow you to pay more attention to Model and Storage usage (you shouldn’t create the app step-by-step in this case, just create it from the backup).
This video shows:
- Understanding the new Model and Storage feature
- We create a model for Wine object
- We define storage (local storage) to store the wine list
- Build a mobile app that shows a list of wines loaded from a database. Clicking on a wine takes you to that wine details
- We also show a finished Todo-like app that runs entirely on the client