Appery.io is the best mobile app development platform out there, but, with so much in Appery.io, it’s important you get the help you need to take full advantage of the platform. One way we’re doing this is through a series of weekly webinars—starting next week—that constitutes a crash course in Appery.io.
- Team collaboration enhancements
- URL-based security in Secure Proxy
- Faster proxy
- Sharing with Appery.io support
- New XHR implementation
“I really like this type of idea. It’s like, let’s make this as simple as possible for people, and let’s create the most complex possible outcome.”
– Keith Monaghan and Dain Miller, hosts of Start Here: Web Development, on Appery.io.
Appery.io was discussed in the Dec. 8th episode of Start Here: Web Development, a podcast, “dedicated to encouraging and providing you resources to help you start and build your career in web dev.”
Enterprises are adopting mobile technologies at an unprecedented rate. As Business News Daily recently reported, 1.3 billion workers will go mobile by 2015, and with that massive number, the need for enterprise mobile apps can only skyrocket.
With that increase, many mobile app developers will be called upon to create internal mobile enterprise apps. These apps have many requirements and considerations that differ from the typical app destined for the public app stores. In this article, we will take the top three challenges and share some tips on how to meet these challenges:
- User Interface
- Choosing a Development Technology
SandHill.com, a top online source for business insights into software, recently published an insight from Fima Katz, the CEO for Exadel, makers of Appery.io. In this short informative piece, Fima discusses the bimodal IT approach that helps enterprises answer the question of how to make apps in a timely way to meet the wave of ever escalating demand for more and more mobile access to the enterprise. Fima quickly covers the approach and then lists the key elements for a successful plan using mobile app development tools to implement a bimodal IT strategy.
- Read Implementing a Bimodal IT Strategy for Mobile App Development in 2015.
- Talk to Fima Katz about bimodal IT at the Gartner AADI Summit, Dec. 8–10 in Las Vegas.
We recently published a number of new videos:
- Building a Mobile App with User Login and Registration (using the Appery.io Database user management feature and a Server Code script)
- Creating Translator Mobile App with Local Storage (using the Translated API and local storage)
- Creating a Mobile App with Geolocation (using the Cordova Geolocation API)
Happy Thanksgiving from the Appery.io Team to everyone who is celebrating!
Appery.io provides a number of ways to test your mobile app. For mobile web apps, you can quickly test your app in the browser (mobile or desktop). If your app uses native APIs, you can use the Appery.io Mobile Tester App to test native features without installing the app on the device. We want to show you another quick way to test your iOS apps.
New Videos: New UI Themes, Page Templates, Using The Customer Console, and Farmers Market Search AppPosted: November 14th, 2014 | Author: Max Katz | Filed under: Features, Video | Tags: features, Video | Comments Off
Check out some of the new videos we recently posted on our Youtube channel:
- Using new UI themes
- Using page templates and the Panel component
- Using the Customer Console: Editing backend database data, Sending push notifications
- Building a Farmers Market Search app
We just published a bunch of new UI themes. We took all our existing themes and updated them to look modern and flat.
Images are an integral part of any mobile app UI. A frequent requirement is to process these images (for example, making the image smaller for a particular device screen size). Such processing could be done on the client, but requires additional code and likely will effect app performance. A better solution is usually to process the images on the server where it is much faster and also gives you more options and flexibility. Sirv is a cloud service that does just that. Sirv and Appery.io have joined forces to show you how easy it is to use advanced image processing when building your app in Appery.io. Read the rest of this entry »