- Server Code is a server-side component in the Appery.io cloud platform.
- The code (logic) is placed inside a script which is executed on the server.
- A script is invoked as a REST API from a mobile app.
- A script can be tested (invoked) inside the Server Code dashboard.
- A script can connect and query the Appery.io Database.
- A script can send, manage and schedule Appery.io Push Notificationsa.
- A script can connect and invoke any 3rd party (external) REST API.
- A script can be secured with a username and password.
- A script can be scheduled as Job to run periodically and on schedule.
- A script can invoke another script.
- You can create versions of a script.
- A script has very fast cache called In Memory Data (data lives for 20 minutes).
- A script can be invoked from Appery.io API Express service flow.
- The script editor comes with Snippets, small reusable code which can be quickly inserted into a script.
- Server Code comes with Plug-ins. Plug-ins are scripts and libraries that can be quickly inserted and provide specific functionality such as integration with 3rd party APIs.
- A script has a Trace page where you can view console and error messages from script execution.
- A script has a Statistics page where you can view various statistics about a script such as how many times a script was invoked.
- A script has a description field which can be invoked via a separate REST API for documentation purpose.
Want to build your first app? Sign up for a free trial account in seconds.
Watch the Server Code YouTube playlist to learn more.