As the end of the year approaches, I wanted to reflect on what we accomplished together. It was great year for enterprise mobility and we’re proud to have led the charge, raising the bar for cross device applications. We’re confident that our platform will build upon the success we experienced in 2015 and continue to be the top choice for developers creating powerful apps across all device types and screen sizes. We can’t wait to see what’s to come in 2016!
Let’s take a look back at some of the highlights from 2015:
- We just announced that the Appery.io platform has surpassed 300,000 developers. The growth of Appery.io is a testament to the company’s commitment to product development, performance and to its customers. Unlike its competitors, Appery.io appeals to both enterprise IT and “citizen developers” in the lines of business. This is further proof to the value of an agile cloud-based, end-to-end platform.
- Last month, we announced our new Automatic App Update capability, which enables developers to update an application without having to resubmit it to app stores. Prior to this advancement, developers were required to wait up to two weeks for their updated apps to be approved and available on the app store, even longer if initially rejected. Now, after initial submission, updates are made automatically.
- As of October, over 1,000 academic institutions around the world were using Appery.io to train student developers how to code. Appery.io’s simplicity and speed helps ensure that students are equipped with the proper mobile development skills they will need.
- In July 2015, we announced integration with Ionic SDK and Appery.io. This enabled developers to build hybrid HTML5 mobile apps with the same user experience of a native application, accelerating time to market, and nearly eliminating the need to build expensive, fully native apps in the enterprise.
- In June we acquired Verivo Software’s major assets further cemented Appery.io’s position as a leading app development platform for the enterprise with an end-to-end solution that is agile and meets the needs of both IT and the lines of business within the enterprise.
- In April, we partnered with Bright Pattern to simplify in-app customer service for enterprises and their customers. We collaborated to develop and market a plugin for the Appery.io platform that enables enterprises to easily integrate contact center functions within their mobile apps, allowing for seamless customer service during multi-channel customer interactions.
- April also saw us become the first low-code platform for rapid development of responsive and mobile apps across phones, tablets and desktops by supporting the AngularJS and Bootstrap frameworks.
Next year promises to be an exciting time for enterprises looking to go mobile and it’s important for them to choose a platform that is backed by a large developer community. Our team is constantly looking ahead to where the industry is going and how we can best equip our customers to compete. Stay tuned for our continued updates.