We recently updated Appery.io in a number of ways, adding up to a big step forward for the platform. At the same time, RESTXpress, an important part of the overall mobile solution provided by Appery.io, has been enhanced. We’ve discussed most of the improvements in Appery.io in a previous blog post, so I’ll just provide a summary of these before moving on to a discussion of the changes in RESTXpress.
- Instant Heroku publishing for Appery.io apps in addition to the built-in HTML5 app hosting
- Simplified platform UI including organization of the database page and access to backend services
- Improved navigation between platform components and between app operations
- One app type (can be used for mobile web app or hybrid app) to simplify development
- Better access to devices via API through upgrading to PhoneGap version 2.9
- Increased speed for the whole platform
- Improved collaboration allowing better tracking of collaboration activities on a project
What about RESTXpress? RESTXpress sits behind a firewall and provides enterprise business applications as REST services quickly and securely. Mobile apps created by Appery.io can then easily consume these services generated by RESTXpress.
Now, RESTXpress has added SOAP web services to its list of business application types for “REST-ifying.” Also, we’re excited to announce that RESTXpress has grown up at this point. It’s now out of beta and is commercially available on an annual subscription basis (with a 30-day free trial).